Addison Town Hall is located at 3900 Beltway Drive, Addison, TX 75001; phone: 972-450-7048.
The area that would become Addison was settled about 1846 by Preston Witt who built a home on White Rock Creek. The Pistole brothers built a cotton gin in 1902. The area became known as Addison in tribute to Addison Robinson who served as postmaster for about 8 years beginning in 1908. Addison was incorporated as a city in 1953 with M. W. Morris serving as mayor. In 1982 it was changed to the "Town of Addison."