banner search whats new site index home

Decatur Town

Decatur Town Hall is located at 116 North Main Street, Decatur, TN 37322; phone: 423-334-5716.

Buchanan House, ca. 1880, Vernon Street, Decatur, TN, National Register

Photo: Buchanan House, ca. 1880, Vernon Street, Decatur, TN. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1996. Photographed by User:Nyttend (own work), 2014 [cc0-by-1.0 (http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/deed.en], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed March, 2015.

The Town of Decatur was founded in 1836 as county seat the same year that Meigs County was established. The town is named for Stephen Decatur [1779-1820], a naval officer, son of Revolutionary War Commodore Stephen Decatur, Sr.

Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. • Privacy
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com • 29072