banner search whats new site index home

Pulaski City

Pulaski City Hall is located at 203 South First Street, Pulaski, TN 38478; phone: 931-363-2516.

Pulaski as described in 1939 [1]

Pulaski, seat of Giles County, was named for Count Casimir Pulaski of Poland, who aided the Colonies during the Revolutionary War. It is the trade and shipping center of the prosperous farming area producing cattle, bluegrass corn, cotton, wheat and burley tobacco. One plant located here sends out 2.5-million cans of tomatoes a year. Pulaski was the first municipality in Tennessee to purchase electric current from the TVA (Tennessee Valley Authority).

The Ku Klux Klan was organized in Pulaski on Christmas Eve, 1855, by Judge T. M. Jones and his son, Calvin. The nucleus of the organization was a small group of friends who met in the Jones' law office—now bearing a commemorative marker—one-half block from the courthouse.

  1. Works Progress Administration, Federal Writers' Program, Tennessee: A Guide to the State, American Guide Series, Tennessee Department of Conservation, Stratford Press, 1939.
Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. • Privacy
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com • 25749