banner search whats new site index home

Goodlettsville City


Goodlettsville City Hall is located at 105 South Main Street, Goodlettsville, TN 37072; phone: 615-851-2200.

The area that would become Goodlettsville was first settled when Kasper Mansker, a German immigrant, opened a trading post here ca. 1779. Mansker's Fort or Mansker's Station, as it was known, protected settlers from Indian attacks. About 1850 the name was changed to Goodlettsville to honor members of the Goodlett family who served the town as store proprietor, pastor and doctor. The town was first incorporated in 1858. In 1958 it was re-incorporated as a city. [1]

In Goodlettsville, a bronze marker, facing the post office, was been erected on the site of the building in which the Goodlettsville Lamb Club was organized. This was one of the first cooperative farm marketing associations in the South and made its first sale in 1887. [2]

  1. Goodlettsville Area Chamber of Commerce, History of Goodlettsville, Tennessee, www.goodlettsvillechamber.com, accessed December, 2014.
  2. Works Progress Administration, Federal Writers' Program, Tennessee: A Guide to the State, American Guide Series, Tennessee Department of Conservation, Stratford Press, 1939.
Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. • Privacy
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com • 18212