York County South Carolina
- HISTORIC SITES
- Charlotte Avenue-Aiken Avenue
- Clover Downtown
- Fort Mill Downtown
- Hill Complex
- Marion Street Area
- Reid Street-North Confederate Avenue Area
- Rock Hill Downtown
- Sharon Downtown
- Winthrop College
Photo: Springfield Plantation House, ca. 1790 & 1806, U.S. Route 21, Fort Mill, S.C. The home's first owner was John Springs III. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1985. Photographed by User: Bill Fitzpatrick (own work), 2012, [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed January, 2013.
The York County Courthouse is located at 2 South Congress Street, York SC 29745; phone: 803-684-8507.
In 1785 York County was created by an act of the South Carolina Legislature. A centrally located site called Fergus Crossroads was chosen to be the county seat and became known as Yorkville. This name was shortened to York in 1915.
Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. • Privacy
Copyright © 1997-2017 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com
• 215-295-6555 • 3284