banner search whats new site index home

Irmo Town

Irmo Town Hall is located at 7300 Woodrow Street, Irmo SC 29063; phone: 803-781-7050.

Irmo, located 10 miles south of Columbia, was incorporated in 1890 along the tracks of the Columbia, Newberry and Laurens railroads. The town was named by combining the first two letters of the names of two railroad company men — C. J. Iredell and H. C. Mosley. In the early 1900s a dam was built to impede the Saluda River forming Lake Murray. Irmo is bereft of a recognizable "downtown," having instead clusters of residential neighborhoods. [, accessed August, 2012.]

Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. • Privacy
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • • 13461