- Cedar Lakes
- Chatham Forest
- Forest Hills
- Gum Springs Estates
- Lake Wateree
- Sandcreek Hills
- White Oak
- Woodside Harbor
Winnsboro Town Hall is located at 207 North Congress Street, Winnsboro, SC 29180; phone: 803-635-4041.
Photo: Rural Point (Robertson House; Doty House), ca. 1852, Old Camden Road, Winnsboro, SC. Listed on National Register of Historic Places in 1972. Photographed by user:Bill Fitzpatrick, 2012, (own work) [cc-by-3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed December, 2014.
Settled in the 1700s, Winnsboro was established in 1785 and named for Richard Winn, a Revolutionary War hero who served in the U.S. Congress and as Lieutenant Governor of South Carolina. According to Robert Mills, the early town consisted of two "gin factories" (saw gin), a Masonic Hall, a Markey Hall, two houses of entertainment, a blacksmith and carriage shop, and 8 or 10 stores. Special entertainments were quadrilles, fairs and jousting tournaments. He remarked on handsome houses and buildings in the early 1800s.
- Ben F. Hornsby, Historic Resources Division, South Carolina Department of Archives and History, Winnsboro Historic District, Fairfield County, SC, nomination document, 1970, National Park Service, National Register of Historic Places, Washington, D.C.