Colleton County South Carolina
Colleton County administrative offices are located at 31 Klein Street, Walterboro, SC 29488; phone: 843-549-5221.
Colleton County is named for Sir John Colleton [1608-1666] who received a land grant from King Charles II in 1663. The City of Walterboro was settled about 1784. Colleton County was created in 1798. By 1822 Walterboro, the county seat, had its own courthouse.