banner search whats new site index home

Moncks Corner Town

Moncks Corner Town offices are located at 118 Carolina Avenue, Moncks Corner, SC 29461; phone: 843-719-7900.

Lewisfield, U.S. ca. 1774, Route 52, Moncks Corner, Berkeley County, SC, National Register

Photo: Lewisfield, U.S. ca. 1774, Route 52, Moncks Corner, Berkeley County, SC. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1973. Photographed by Charles N. Bayless, AIA, 1978, Historic American Buildings Survey [HABS SC-484], memory.loc.gov, accessed January, 2014.

The Town of Moncks Corner was incorporated in 1909. It was named for Thomas Monck a landowner in the early 18th century. Prior to the coming of the Northeastern Railroad in 1856, the town had grown but slowly from its original settlement as a trading post with a handful of businesses about 1728.

Moncks Corner became the county seat in 1885, replacing Mount Pleasant.

Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. • Privacy
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com • 19090