Smithfield Town Hall is located at 64 Farnum Pike, Smithfield RI 02917; phone: 401-233-1000.
First settled around 1636 by Quakers, Smithfield was incorporated in 1730. The town is home to Bryant Business College's Tupper Campus. The Rhode Island Audubon Society maintains and operates the Powder Mill Ledges Wildlife Refuge; Sanderson Road; 77 acres of pine forest and open fields with more than 2 miles of trails. Agricultural roots remain today in the many apple orchards found locally ... indeed, among Rhode Islanders, Smithfield is often referred to as "Apple Country."