York Haven Borough
York Haven Borough Hall, Post Office Box 169, York Haven PA 17370; phone: 717-266-7261.
Incorporated from Newberry Township, December 1, 1892, named for the county by the paper company which laid out the town in 1814. The first industries were flouring mills, then canal business, with mercantile establishments, cooper shops, nail factory, and sawmills. In 1885 the York Haven Paper Company purchased the site of the flouring mills, which had been destroyed by fire and never rebuilt, and the present  great paper mills were erected. The hydroelectric power station of the York Haven Water and Power Company utilizes the immense water power of the Susquehanna River. York Haven once was a popular pleasure resort.