Manor Borough Hall is located at 47 Race Street, Manor PA 15665; phone: 724-864-2422.
The handsome little town of Manor is the outgrowth of the Pennsylvania Railroad, which was finished in 1852 as a single track road, and up to that date was surrounded by forests, though fairly well settled by a colony of hardy pioneers. This section was known as Denmark Manor, being one of the two manors or estates procured from the heirs of William Penn. In 1783 Stofel Walthour built a mill on Brush creek, the first and only building for a number of years. Messrs. Ludwick, Miller and Berlin purchased the Ward farm and laid out the town of Manor in 1873, which was incorporated in 1884. It contains a Presbyterian, Lutheran, Methodist and Reformed churches, a fine school building, three hotels and twelve stores, two handle factories, a flour mill, a cement block factory and a National Bank. It is the terminal of the Manor Valley Railroad. One of its leading industries is the Beamer Handle Works, which manufactures all kinds of hickory handles. They are one of the leading handle factories in the state and ship their product to all of the eastern cities and states. It has four schools, with 176 pupils.