Manchester Township municipal offices are located at 3881 Hancock Highway, Equinunk PA 18417; phone: 570-224-4070.
Manchester Township was incorporated in 1826 from Buckingham Township.
Beginnings , 
Early on the area was called the Union Settlement, named for a company started by John Hillborn and Samuel Preston (who came from Bucks County); the Union Sugar Company tapped (literally) the myriad, indigenous hard maple trees. The Kellam's Bridge (spanning the Delaware River) is named for Jacob Kellam, who settled in the area ca. 1820. Sometime during the War of 1812, Samuel Mogridge emigrated from Quebec, Canada, and named the area Manchester after the English town of the same name.