Donora Borough Hall is located at 603 Meldon Avenue, Donora PA 15033; phone: 724-379-6600.
In the first years of the twentieth century, industrialists from Pittsburgh were looking to expand their companies into the Monongahela River Valley because of its proximity to the river and railroad lines. Donora was one of several important steel towns built in the Monongahela Valley. It was established in 1901 to house the American Steel and Wire Company, a subsidiary of United States Steel, at one time the world's largest wire mill. U.S. Steel later located a zinc works here as well, the Donora Zinc Works.