Westfield Borough Hall is located at 429 East Main Street, Westfield PA 16950; phone: 814-367-2632.
Westfield — Incorporated from Westfield Township in February, 1867. Named for its township. Reuben Cook was the earliest settler, and Ayers Tuttle came in 1809. Cook built his cabin on the site of the borough, near the present river bridge. A group of Quakers from New England came before 1820. A number of Methodist ministers were early settlers and for many years the village was known as "Priestville." Leather was the chief product of the town, but the Westfield Oil and Mining Company, incorporated August 4, 1865, developed oil and gas wells and marketed the products. Population in 1940 was 1386.