Tioga Borough Hall, P.O. Box 158, Tioga PA 16946; phone: 570-835-5226.
Tioga — Incorporated from Tioga Township in February, 1860. Named for its township which was called for its chief stream. Jesse Losey, a veteran of the Continental Army from New Jersey, was the first permanent settler in 1792. He stood guard over the unfortunate Major John Andre. Dr. William Willard settled here in 1798, became the postmaster July 1, 1809, when the place was called "Willardsburg." After his death the name was changed to Tioga. The post office was established January 1, 1805, Uriah Spencer, postmaster. Sand and gravel deposits and agriculture are leading industrial activities. Population in 1940 was 460.