Mansfield Borough Hall is located at 19 East Wellsboro Street, Mansfield PA 16933; phone: 570-662-2315.
Mansfield — Incorporated from Richmond Township, March 27, 1857. Named for Asa Mann, owner of the site, who laid out the town plat in 1834. Gad Lamb was the earliest settler in 1787, and soon afterward came Asa Mann who cleared some land which became known as "Mann's Field," in 1804, and from this the place received its name. When the post office was established in 1822, it was called Canoe Camp, Amos Spencer, postmaster, but the office was moved to Mansfield, in 1825, and Asa Mann became postmaster. Mansfield Classical Seminary, chartered December 1, 1854, became a State Normal School December 11, 1862, and it is now the excellent Mansfield State Teachers College. The Soldiers' Orphan Home, opened October 1, 1867, was operated until its removal to Hartford in 1890. Population in 1940 was 1880.