Lawrenceville Borough Hall is located at 6 Mechanic Street, Lawrenceville PA 16929; phone: 570-827-2066.
Lawrenceville — Incorporated from Lawrence Township, March 21, 1831. Named for Captain James Lawrence, the naval hero. The northern boundary of the borough is also the boundary line with New York State. William Holden was the earliest settler about 1788. Then came John Elliott, Eleazer Baldwin, Ira Kilburn, James Ford, John W. Ryon, Daniel Walker, Jacob Geer and others. The completion of the Chemung Canal, in 1834, gave a great impulse to business, as the lumber interests were important. The town suffered two destructive fires, in 1867 and 1868. Lawrenceville Academy was chartered September 21, 1848, and maintained until 1860. Population in 1940 was 450.