Windber Borough Hall is located at 1409 Somerset Avenue, Windber PA 15963; phone: 814-467-9014.
Founded by brothers Charles and Edward Berwind, along with Judge Allison White, the Berwind-White Coal Mining Company was established in 1896. From it's first operations in Cambria County, the company quickly expanded to Somerset and Westmoreland. Operations here commenced in 1898, and the mines stimulated the population growth which result in (among other things) the incorporation of the Borough of Windber in 1900. The name of the borough was created by transposing the two syllables from Charles and Edward's last name, "Berwind."