banner search whats new site index home

Roulette Township

Roulette Town Hall, PO Box 253, Roulette PA 16746; phone: 814-544-7549.

Roulette is name for Jean Roulette of the Ceres Land Company who founded a village about 1816. For more than 70 years lumbering was the chief and virually only industry, but the last hemlock stand, the Central Pennsylvania Tract, was cut in 1912. in 1940 the village of Roulette had 2 chemical plants. Along its single street, hemmed in by towering mountains, were many unpainted houses, abandoned in the exodus caused by the 1929 depression. [1]

**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com • 13204 • Privacy