Millerstown Borough Hall, P.O. Box E, Millerstown PA 17062; phone: 717-589-3738.
Millerstown Borough, the oldest town in Perry County, is located on the eastern bank of the Juniata River, and on land originally warranted to James Gallagher in 1766. It was the first town in the territory now comprising Perry County to be plotted for the sale of lots. David Miller of Rye Township laid out the town, having bought from James Gallagher in 1790, "all that tract of land lying on the north (east) side of the river Juniata, in the Township of Fermanagh, containing 222 acres and 125 perches, and having a river front of one and one-half miles.
The older residents of Millerstown Borough fix its time of settlement at 1780, but legal documents record its date as 1790. It was incorporated February 12, 1849, and the first meeting of the town council held April 14, 1849. Members of the borough council were John M. Caufman, Christian Beck, James R. Gilmer, and Jacob Emerick. Thomas P. Cochran was the first clerk of council and Abram Adams the first chief burgess.