Blain Borough Hall, P.O. Box 9, Blain PA 17006; phone: 717-536-3333.
Blain lies in the Sherman's Valley near the west end of the county and had its beginning in the early settlement which grew about a mill erected by James Blaine in 1778. William Douglas later came into possession of the mill and had a post office located there named Douglas' Mills. Anthony Black later purchased the mill and changed the name to Multicaulsville. Three acres, including a part of the land warranted by James Blaine in 1765, was purchased by Dr. William Hays and divided into 12 lots, and the name of the town changed to Blain. It was incorporated as a borough in 1877.