West Easton Borough
The West Easton Borough Hall is located at 237 Seventh Street, West Easton, PA 18042; phone: 610-252-6651.
On the banks of the Lehigh River in the town of Palmer in the middle of the 19th century were the villages of Oldenweldertown and Mutchlertown. The former was originally laid parallel with the Lehigh & Susquehanna Railroad by John Oldenwelder. It adjoined the western part of Easton, and no decided improvements occurred until the railroad was completed, when a substantial increase was made to its population. There was in 1877 no less than 60 dwelling and tenant houses within its limits. Southwest of the village was Mutchlertown, located on elevated ground plotted by Colonel Valentine Mutchler, containing many neat and handsome frame buildings.
In 1890 these two villages were incorporated as the Borough of West Easton. A brick school house was built in 1900. By 1920 the borough had 800 residents.