banner search whats new site index home

Upper Nazareth Township

Upper Nazareth Township administrative offices are located at 100 Newport Avenue, Nazareth, PA 18064; phone: 610-759-5341.

The township of Nazareth was created from Bethlehem township about 1788. In 1807 Nazareth was further divided into 2 townships, Upper and Lower. The first census in the newly-formed Upper Nazareth counted 663 persons, including the then village (now borough) of Nazareth. By 1850 the township had 181 farms, 158 houses (of which 61 were in the village), 3 schools, 2 Moravian churchs, two grist-mills, 1 foundry, 1 brewery, 1 tannery, 11 stores, 2 taverns and 2 slate quarries.

  1. William J. Heller et. al, History of Northampton County Pennsylvania and The Grand Valley of the Lehigh, The American Historical Society, New York, 1920.
**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • • 11592 • Privacy