Pen Argyl Borough
Pen Argyl Borough Hall is located at 11 North Robinson, Pen Argyl PA 18072; phone: 610-863-4119.
The village of Pen Argyl was founded in the town of Plainfield in 1868 by Welsh laborers employed by the Pennsylvania Slate Company who owned quarries in the vicinity. It was incorporated as a borough in 1882, and at the first election Richard Jackson was chosen chief burgess and Izariah Martin, clerk. The census of 1890 counted 2,100 inhabitants in the borough.
Two churches were established in 1885, Methodist and Evangelical.