Moore Township municipal offices are located at 2491 Community Drive, Bath, PA 18014; phone: 610-759-9449.
Moore Township was established in 1765 and named for John Moore who had been a member of the Provincial Assembly from 1761-1762. 
The first white settlements in what would become Moore Township were made between 1740 and 1750 resulting in about 50 persons living there. Among these early inhabitants were Christian Mill, Henry Diehl, Henry Shopp, Nicholas Heil, Nicholas Scholl, Peter Doll and John Bauman. In a series of early depredations made by the Indians in 1756, many early settlers and members of their households were killed. By 1770 the population had increased to about 500 persons. [Population as of the 2010 census was approximately 9,200 persons.] There were about this time 3 grist mills and 2 saw mills in operation in the township.