Lower Saucon Township
Lower Saucon Township municipal offices are located at 3700 Old Philadelphia Pike, Bethlehem PA 18015; phone: 610-865-3291.
Historical Sketch 
When Lehigh County was still a part of Old Northampton, these townships constituted a single township called Upper Saucon, which was settled early by English, Welsh and Germans.
David Owen was an early settler here. He was a son of Owen Owen, who was sheriff of Philadelphia County in 1728 and coroner in 1730. In 1748 David Owen opened a tavern in a small stone building which still stands. He also owned a hat factory and a saw mill. In 1752 his name appears as one of the viewers of a new road. He had six children: David, Joseph, Nathan, Mary, Lydia and Elizabeth Balthazer Beil landed at Philadelphia, September 26, 1737. He settled in Upper Saucon township, but later removed to Allen township, now Northampton County, where he died in 1791. Among his children were: Eva Elizabeth Beil, born November 4, 1740; John Beil, born February 26, 1746, died February 18, 1826; William Beil, born November 18, 1747; Anna Maria Beil, born February 12, 1750; and Henry Beil, born February 9, 1752, and died December 10, 1834.
Philip Geisinger, a Mennonite, removed to Upper Saucon from Berks County. He was born June 22, 1701, and died July 31, 1791. His wife, Mary, was born in 1711, and died March 29, 1772. They are buried in the Mennonite cemetery near Centre Valley.
George Bachman, a Mennonite, was born in 1686, and died November 9, 1753. About 1750 he kept a tavern called the "Seven Star," where Coopersburg now stands. His wife, Mary Bachman, was born April 12, 1698, and died November 4, 1776. They had seven sons and four daughters.