Freemansburg Borough Hall is located at 600 Monroe Street, Freemansburg, PA 18017; phone: 610-866-2220.
The one mile square Borough of Freemansburg was incorporated in 1856. The borough was named for Jacob Freeman, an early settler in the area. The borough lies along the Lehigh River and Lehigh Canal.
An ancestor of the Freemans, of Freemansburg, was Richard Freeman, born in Cecil County, Maryland, 1717, and died in Saucon in 1784. At one time a Lehigh River ferry (Currie's Ferry) was located here.