Forks Township offices are located at 1606 Sullivan Trail, Easton, PA 18040; phone: 610-252-0785.
Forks is one of the original townships of Northampton County and was incorporated in 1754. The first settlers were chiefly German. Among the names of the early settlers are Melchior Stecker, George Stecker, Michael Messinger, Jacob Shoemaker, George Messinger, David Owens, John Lefevre, Jacob Young, Joseph Potts, William Bingham, Samuel Powell, John Van Etten, James Young, John Young, William Smith, Jacob Uhler, Frederick Lerch, Valentine Uhler, and John Koehler. Colonel Jacob Arndt came from Bucks County in 1862 and opened a mill. He was a captain, afterwards a colonel in the French and Indian wars, and was father to Captain John Arndt of Revolutionary War fame. In 1740 the population was about 50 people, growing to more than 400 by 1770.