banner search whats new site index home

Bethlehem Township


Bethlehem Township offices are located at 4225 Easton Avenue, Bethlehem, PA 18020; phone: 610-814-6400.

First settled about 1730. The area was part of Bucks County after the Walking Purchase of 1737. It was incorporated in 1746. The township was named for the Village of Bethlehem (later, the City of Bethlehem) which lay within its boundaries at that time.

The original township size was reduced when several municipalities were taken off and separately incorporated: Bethlehem Borough in 1845, Freemansburg in 1846, and Nazareth in 1780 and 1807.

**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com • 40041 • Privacy