Bangor Borough Hall is located at 197 Pennsylvania Avenue, Bangor PA 18013; phone: 610-588-2216.
Bangor owes its existence to the discovery and successful working og slate quarries in its vicinity. The name of Bangor was given to the locality on account of the similarity of its natural features to the town and quarries of Bangor in Wales.
Bangor was incorporated as the 11th borough of the county in 1875, its population being 1,500 at the time. At that time it had 3 hotels, 5 grocery and dry-goods stores, 1 shoe store, 1 drig store, 1 tailor shop, 6 churches, 1 grist mill and 2 blacksmith shops.
The mechanics employed in the quarries, who constituted the greater part of the population, were chiefly Welsh and English people of an industrious and moral character.