West Norriton Township
West Norriton Township municipal offices are located at 1630 West Marshall Street, Jeffersonville PA 19403; phone: 610-631-0450.
Home on Chestnut Avenue Sold By
Terese Brittingham | Keller Williams Realty Group
484-762-8101 (direct) | 610-792-5900 (broker)
The township was created when Norriton Township was split in two in 1909. Communities retaining historic identities include Port Indian, Trooper, and Jeffersonville. Public school students attend the Norristown Area School District.
The township acquired the Jeffersonville Golf Club in 1971. Designed by legendary links-architect Donald Ross, the course first opened in 1931. It was restored and modernized in 2001. The course is host to the summer Montgomery County Amateur Championship. Also located in the township is Westover Golf Club, a privately-operated facility which is open to the public.
Part of West Norriton's riverbank was home to Lubin Film Studios. In 1912 Sigmund Lubin purchased 500 acres along the Schuylkill and built his studios which operated until 1923. The site has since become "Riverview Landing," a "live, work, play" community of apartments, condos, townhomes, and office space. Developer, O'Neill Properties Group, preserved and restored five of the original Lubin stone buildings. The focal points of the mixed-use community are the spectacular river views and the pedestrian-only "piazza."