Upper Frederick Township
Upper Frederick Township municipal offices are located in Frederick PA 19435; phone: 610-754-6436.
Upper Perkiomen Valley Park, in the northern portion of the township, is a 500-plus acre county park. Historic villages included Frederick, Obelisk, and Perkiomenville.
A Brief History 
Upper Frederick Township was formed from the division of Frederick Township in 1919. It too, was settled by the Pennsylvania Dutch, who brought with them their rich agricultural heritage. Today, the area remains mostly rural and agricultural, however recently it has experienced increasing residential growth. Villages in Upper Frederick are Frederick, Obelisk, and Perkiomenville. Frederick was one of the first villages to develop along the Great Road (now known as Route 73).
Upper Frederick had four or five inns. One still stands at the intersection of Salford Station and Kratz Roads known as the "Halfway House." Another of the inns was known as the Green Tree Inn located at the corner of Big and Fagleysville Road. It burned down in 1922 and was rebuilt across Route 73 as the Country Harvest Tavern, which is the unofficial boundary between Frederick and Obelisk. The Rahn Hotel built in 1846, is still standing and is known as the Perkiomenville Hotel.
The only mill still standing is Sunrise Mill discussed in the Lower Frederick municipal overview.