Trappe Borough municipal offices are located at 525 West Main Street, Trappe PA 19426; phone: 610-489-7181.
A Brief History 
Trappe was a village in Upper Providence Township (in fact the oldest in the Township). In 1896, it was incorporated as a borough. The Great Manatawny Road, later the Perkiomen-Reading Pike and now Main Street, passed through the village and made it a natural stopping place for travelers enroute from Philadelphia to Reading. The Village dates from 1717 when John Jacob Schrack settled there. The name Trappe came from Schrack's tavern, which was spelled "Trap" or "Trapp."
Trappe was the center of the Lutheran Church in America during the mid-1700s and home to the "patriarch" of the North American Lutheran Church, Henry Melchior Muhlenberg. Several of the church buildings and Muhlenberg's private residences are still present today and are of great historical importance. Two other Muhlenbergs are important to national history. General Peter Muhlenberg served in Washington's forces, and Frederick Muhlenberg was the nation's first Speaker of the House. Frederick's house still exists today.
The borough grew slowly as its only access was the Philadelphia-Reading Pike until the trolleys came to town in the early 1900s. By 1905, trolley service had been extended from Norristown through Trappe and Collegeville to Pottstown. Service beyond Trappe ended in the late 1920s followed by the last service between Collegeville and Trappe ending in 1933. Growth continued as a result of the automobile and the opening of Route 422 in 1984-1985.