Municipal offices are located at 76 West 6th Street, Pennsburg PA 18073; phone: 215-679-4546.
Pennsburg Borough was incorporated in 1887 from less than 1 square mile of land taken from Upper Hanover Township. The three contiguous boroughs (East Greenville, Pennsburg, and Red Hill) are similar in makeup and historic background. The borough is part of the Upper Perkiomen School District.
A number of significant single family developments were completed circa 1990 through 2004. 19th century homes are found primarily along 4th Street, Main Street and Seminary Street.