Lower Moreland Township
Lower Moreland Township municipal offices are located at 640 Red Lion Road, Huntingdon Valley PA 19006; phone: 215-947-3100.
Home on Paper MIll Road compliments of
Frank Blumenthal | Keller Williams Real Estate Tri County
215-881-8481 (direct) | 215-464-8800 (broker)
William Penn named Moreland Township after Nicholas More, a London physician. It was originally part of Philadelphia County. Established in 1682, Moreland was divided into two separate municipalities (Upper and Lower) in 1917. Local communities include Bethayres and Philmont.
Lower Moreland Parks 
Lower Moreland Township Department of Public Works maintains three parks located within the community. These parks are utilized by our residents and our sports organization, Huntingdon Valley Activities Association (HVAA). Rules and Regulations are posted at the entrance of each park and we courteously ask that they be followed.
Lower Moreland Park
Nestled in the Township's largest development, Albidale, Lower Moreland Park spans 19 acres and contains three (3) baseball fields, three (3) basketball courts, four (4) tennis courts and multiple soccer fields. For the children, present are swings, merry-go-rounds, seesaws and slides. Recently, the Township has constructed a beautiful walking path that dots the perimeter of Lower Moreland Park; all residents are encouraged to use this new trail whether for exercise or leisure. Many of the community's youth athletic league games, sponsored by HVAA, take place on the playing fields of Lower Moreland Park. Parking is available off of both Warfield Drive and Wheatsheaf Lane.
Located near the intersection of Philmont Avenue (Rt. 63) and Huntingdon Pike (Rt. 232) on six (6) well-maintained acres, Elkins Field is geared mainly towards athletic pursuits, and used extensively for organized sports by HVAA. Always open for community pick-up games, Elkins Field contains three (3) baseball fields, one with bleachers for spectators, a full-size basketball court and a soccer field. Elkins Field is consistently home to sports outings, and parking is available off of Huntingdon Pike behind the Bethayres Shopping Center.
Found along Philmont Avenue near the five points intersection of Tomlinson, Philmont, and Pine Road, 6-acre Ridgway Park is an extremely accessible public recreation area for both athletic activities and children's recreation. In addition to a softball field with homerun fence, two (2) tennis courts, a basketball court, and micro-soccer field, Ridgway contains a large play area for children of various ages off to the side with picnic tables and benches for adult supervision. Named after resident Alice Ridgway's father, Ridgway Park's creek-lined fields are also home to many HVAA youth sports games. The park is also used for a lunch spot and employee recreation by the many businesses along Philmont Avenue. Parking is available off of Philmont Avenue on Manor Road