Lower Frederick Township
The Lower Frederick Township municipal offices are located at 53 Spring Mount Road, Zieglerville PA 19492; phone: 610-287-8857.
A Brief History 
Lower Frederick Township was formed from the division of Frederick Township in 1919. The original settlers of the area were Pennsylvania Dutch who brought with them their rich agricultural heritage. In the early years of the Township, farming activity focused on dairy, timber, hay, and ice. Today the area is mostly rural and agricultural; however recently it has experienced an influx of residential growth.
Villages in Lower Frederick are Spring Mount and Zieglerville, known as "Zieglersville" until 1887. The Village of Spring Mount was a resort destination and vacationers stayed at the Zieglerville Inn and the Weldon House, as well as other lodging facilities. While Spring Mount was the recreational and tourist center of the Perkiomen Valley, Zieglerville was the Township's commercial center. Zieglerville was a stagecoach stop until the railroad line was built and also was the headquarters of the Perkiomen Turnpike Company. The Turnpike extended from the Perkiomen Bridge in Collegeville to Green Lane.
One of the Township's oldest remaining historic structures is Sunrise Mill once owned by Dr. Chevalier Jackson the inventor of the bronchoscope. Some of the mill's earliest buildings date to 1767. In 1971, Montgomery County purchased the property and developed it as a park.