Limerick Township municipal offices are located at 646 West Ridge Pike, Limerick PA 19468; phone: 610-495-6432.
Limerick  was organized as a government in 1726 while Pennsylvania was still a British colony. The village of Limerick, at Ridge and Swamp Creek Pikes, emerged in the mid-half of the eighteenth century, but never grew to more than a few dozen homes and businesses. Linfield, the township's other traditional center, was founded as a river-crossing community in the eighteenth century. Located along the historic Pennsylvania Railroad with its own station for a time, Linfield grew to be the township's largest village in the mid-nineteenth century. Royersford Borough, originally part of the township, formed its own government in 1879. Outside of these small villages, the majority of the township has traditionally been rural with numerous farms.
The Isaac Hunsberger House, a National Register of Historic Places Property, is home to the Limerick Township Historical Society; 545 West Ridge Pike. The house, ca. 1827 and extended and modified ca. 1893, is a 2 1/2 story Georgian, 5-bay brick building with Victorian alterations. In 1813 Isaac Hunsberger purchased 61 acres where he set up farming. The house is unusual in that it is an early use combining brick and masonry, especially the flemish-bond brick facade. It's the only brick-front, stone house found in the area.