Lansdale Borough municipal offices are located at 1 Vine Street, Lansdale PA 19446; phone: 215-368-1691.
Home on West 3rd Street compliments of
Mike Powell | Keller Williams Real Estate-Blue Bell
267-481-3723 (direct) | 215-646-2900 (broker)
The borough is part of the North Penn School District. The borough was incorporated in 1872 on land taken from Gwynedd and Hatfield townships. Subsequent land acquisitions were made increasing the borough area to 3 square miles.
Concentration of early residential row homes (circa 1880s through 1920s) are found along 2nd through 5th Streets, Cannon Avenue, Chestnut Street, Fairview Avenue. Montgomery Avenue, and Mount Vernon Street. The borough also has a number of modern townhome developments built during the 1960s, 70s and 80s. More than one-third of the residential homes are detached, singles.
Lansdale Borough as seen through the eyes of its residents was not always the town that it is today. In the early colonial days, this area that we now call Lansdale was covered with vast forests and its primary residents were Lenni Lenape Indians. It wasn't until the 1850's when the North Pennsylvania Railroad was established, that Lansdale began to grow into a prosperous community.
Like any small village in the early days, the railroad brought much needed work into the area, therefore creating the need for housing, businesses and even hotels. In 1860, with the influx of people moving into the area, the federal government felt the need to make this once small village a post office village.
As the village continued to grow at a rapid pace, its founding fathers decided that this village should be incorporated. After petitioning the courts, this application was granted August 24, 1872. Getting its name from railroad engineer Philip Lansdale Fox, this small village comprised of 269 acres became Lansdale Borough.
Source: Borough of Lansdale