Hatfield Borough municipal offices are located at 401 South Main Street, Hatfield PA 19440; phone: 215-855-0781.
The borough is part of the North Penn School District. Upon incorporation, it's three-fifths of a square mile of land was taken from Hatfield Township.
Median age of residential resales is circa 1951. Nearly one-quarter of these resales were homes built circa 1870s through the 1930s. These include row homes along Market Street, semi-attached (twins) along Maple and Main Streets, and detached singles with concentrations along Broad Street, Lincoln Avenue, Main Street and Market Street.
In 1897 a group of local Hatfield residents decided that it was a good idea to install streetlights in what was then the town area of Hatfield Township. In 1898 a town meeting was held to get the residents opinion as to becoming a Borough. Hatfield Borough was legally incorporated in 1898. The original size of the Borough was 176 acres.
In Edward Matthews' historical account of Hatfield Township written in 1896, he wrote of Hatfield Village: "Here, along the Cowpath and other highways, and about the chief railroad station, has grown up extensive interests, and a population rising above 300, with about 75 dwellings. It is only a question of time when the place will have grown to borough proportions. Among the business enterprises are the stores of Milton Gehman, C. J. Buckley, the grocery of D. L. O. Kulp, the clothing factory of Jacob Crouthamel, Snyder's two hay presses, mills and feed houses, Fretz's tin shop, Zepp's Bakery, Appenzeller's blacksmith shop, Kulp's wheelwright shop, the Hatfield Invincible printing office, two physicians, Albright and Cope, prescribe for and visit patients, and a public schoolhouse affords the educational advantages. The Christ Brethren Church on the Forty-Foot road and the newly erected Evangelical Church on the Cowpath afford convenient religious places for public worship. There are two post offices, one in each, the upper and lower towns."
Source: Borough of Hatfield