Bridgeport Municipal offices are located at 63 West 4th Street, Bridgeport PA 19405; phone: 610-272-1811.
Home on Hurst Street Sold By
Stephanie Parker | Keller Williams Real Estate-Blue Bell
610-952-3211 (direct) | 216-646-2900 (broker)
Settled by Swedes circa 1723, the area was incorporated as a borough in 1851 from land taken from Upper Merion Township.
Single family, detached residences within the borough were built circa 1895 through the 1990s. Median age is circa 1921. Town and row homes are found circa 1850 through 2006; median age is circa 1920. Semi-detached (twin) residences make up approximately half the single family dwellings. These are found circa 1829 through 2006 with a median age circa 1911.
What do 5th St, Beech Court, Bush Street, Ford Street, Green Street, Grove Street, Rambo Street, and Prospect Avenue have in common? Each of these has been droned in the sound of new residential construction (twins and townhomes) since the dawn of the new millennium. Scores of new homes have been built in the borough over the past 6 years. New construction accounted for more than 20% of single family home sales in 2006.
The borough has two athletic fields, a public playground and a memorial park.
Bridgeport is situated upon the right bank of the Schuylkill, in the county of Montgomery, directly opposite Norristown, with which it is connected with two bridges, one over the river at De Kalb street and one at the Swedes' Ford. The borough was organized by an act of Assembly, passed February, 1851. Perry M. Hunter, L. E. Corson and Alexander Supplee, Commissioners appointed for the purpose, at once proceeded to lay it out. Its first officers were elected in the ensuing March, and consisted of Washington Richards, Burgess; A. Weaver, Town Clerk; Jacob M. Hurst, Treasurer; Cadwallader Evans, Owen Raysor, Jacob M. Hurst, Francis Lyle, and David H. Major, Town Council.