Burnham Borough Hall is located at 200 First Avenue, Burnham PA 17009; phone: 717-248-2692.
The borough of Burnham was originally known as Freedom Forge, after the iron works that were located there and consisting of a charcoal furnace and forge. Later it became generally known as Logan, but when an application to the department for a Post Office was presented under this name the applicants were advised that an office under that name could not be allowed because of a Logan post office station in Philadelphia. Whereupon the application was amended by the adoption of the name the town now bears in honor of William Burnham, at that time one of the officials of the Standard Steel Works which was located there. Freedom Forge was established in 1795. The borough was incorporated in 1911.