East Lackawannock Township
East Lackawannock Township Building is located at 1192 Mercer-New Wilmington Road, New Wilmington PA 16142; phone: 724-533-5171.
East Lackawannock was formed from Lackawannock Township in August, 1849. The township is chiefly noted as an agricultural region, though at one time a blast furnace was operated within its boundaries. No towns have grown up here.
Of the first settlers who came to enjoy this region, Alexander McCullough came towards the close of the eighteenth century. Thomas Gordon and Jacob Osborn and Christian Miller were also among the pioneers. George Wright arrived about 1804. The descendants of several of these still live in the township.