Cogan House Township
Cogan House Township, 4609 Route 184 Highway, Trout Run, PA 17771; phone: 570-634-3185.
Cogan House Township was erected in 1843 and was named for David Cogan, the first settler. Cogan built a cabin on Larrys Creek in 1825, and lived there until 1843. After he left, the buildings and improvements fell into decay and hunters named the entire vicinity Cogan House. Early industries in the township were lumbering and the manufacture of maple sugar. Streams include Larrys Creek, Hoagland's Run, Flook's Run, Pack House and Trout Run.