Clinton Township, 2106 State Road 54, Montgomery, PA 17752; phone: 570-547-1466.
Clinton was named in honor of DeWitt Clinton, Governor of New York. It was erected in December, 1825, by a division of Washington Township. The first settler was Cometine Low. Low and his family joined the Great Runaway, fled to Fort Augusta, and later returned to New Jersey. After the restoration of peace, several of Low's sons returned to the township and became influential in its affairs. Its natural features are the Black Hole Valley, a rich agricultural area, and Penny Hill, a scenic vantage point.