Armstrong Township, 664 Sylvan Dell Park Road, Williamsport, PA 17701; phone: 570-329-3236.
Armstrong was named for the Honorable James Armstrong, a prominent member of the bar and a Justice of the Supreme Court. Erected in 1842, the county was taken from Clinton, which in turn had been created from Washington, in 1825. The first settler in the township was Thomas Hartley who took up land here in 1773. The township is drained by Mosquito Creek which enters the Susquehanna at DuBoistown. It is also drained by Hagerman's Run which enters the Susquehanna at South Williamsport.
An old Indian trail at one time followed Mosquito Creek through the ravine to DuBoistown. Albert Culbertson built a grist mill at the mouth of the creek and gave his name to Culbertson's Trail or Path.