banner search whats new site index home

Plymouth Borough

Plymouth Borough Hall is located at 162 West Shawnee Avenue, Plymouth PA 18651; phone: 570-779-1011.

In the eighteenth century the village was known as Shawneetown, as a Shawnee Indian village was located nearby.

A post office was established here about 1810 with George Lane serving as postmaster; newspaper, the "Plymouth Register," began publishing in 1858; the Plymouth First National Bank was organized in 1865; the borough was incorporated in 1866.

**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • • 11950 • Privacy