Ashley Borough Hall is located at 10 North Main Street, Ashley PA 18706; phone: 570-824-1364.
At various times Ashley was known as Newtown Junction, Nanticoke Junction, Skunktown, Hightown, Peestown, Albeerts, Scrabbletown and most prominently as, Coalville. The Borough of Ashley was incorporated on December 5, 1870. During the 1930s and 40s, the Huber colliery employed more than 3,000 workers, processing more than 7,000 tons of coal daily. The Ashley inclined planes were the first to transport freight and coal out of the Southern Wyoming Valley. The planes operated until 1948.