banner search whats new site index home

Whitehall Township


Whitehall Township municipal offices are located at 3219 MacArthur Road, Whitehall PA 18052; phone: 610-437-5524.

Whitehall as described in 1901 [1]

First organized in 1767, by 1900 Whitehall Township had a population approaching 8,000. In the early 1900s the Lehigh, Catasauqua, and Fogelsville Railroads passed through the township providing easy outlet for iron ore, cement, and farming products. The first settlement was made near Egypt in 1733 by German emigrants. The first school in the township was in connection with the Egypt church, ca. 1733. Cement works were located in Egypt and Cementon.

  1. James J. Hauser, A History of Lehigh County Pennsylvania, Jacks, The Printer, Allentown, 1901.
**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com • 11631 • Privacy