banner search whats new site index home

Upper Saucon Township

Township municipal offices are located at 5500 Camp Meeting Road, Center Valley PA 18034; phone: 610-282-1171.

Incorporated in 1743, the first settlement in the area that is now Upper Saucon Township was made in 1730 by English, German and Welsh settlers. The first public road was laid out in 1750 from Heller's Tavern, Lanark, across the Lehigh Mountains. A Mennonite Meeting House was built near Coopersburg in 1738. [1]

  1. James J, Hauser, publisher, A History of Lehigh County Pennsylvania, Allentown, 1902.
**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • • 11628 • Privacy